The FFF Southern Council will have a Fly Fishing School on April 12th , 13th & 14th , 2013 . The school will be for anglers who are brand new to fly fishing all the way up to those with intermediate skills who want to make their time on the water more productive. There will be 12 - 15 spots, depending on lodging choices and other factors. The school will begin at 4 pm on Friday, April 12th and end at 2:30 pm Sunday. If you have to come in a little late or leave a little early, that's OK.
• Casting instruction from only FFF Certified Casting Instructors, who will refine your current skills and teach you new 'fishing casts' to help you catch more fish.
• Time in the classroom learning: how to read a river, knots you use regularly, playing, landing & handling fish, steamer fishing techniques, dry fly presentation techniques, fishing nymphs productively, and how to fish wet flies
• 2 half days of guided fishing where the focus will be to practice techniques discussed in the classroom that morning.. During these guided fishing trips you will learn how to, and where to, catch fish on streamers, dry flies, nymphs and wet flies while fishing rivers and streams. You will be accompanied by a guide who is very qualified and will show you how to catch fish. There will be one guide per three attendees.
• 2 nights lodging in the White River Lodge at Riverside Retreat, on the White River just south of Norfork, AR. Additional accommodations such as the Woodcreek Cabin, Creekside Cabin and Riverfront House are available for a small upcharge. You can view all lodging at: http://www.whiteriverresort.com/lodging-rates/best-white-river-accommodations-and-rates.
• All your meals (Friday evening through Sunday's lunch) and we're treating you to a steak cookout on Saturday night!
• We'll furnish any gear you may need, with the exception of waders. Just let us know in advance. If you have a rod/reel & other gear, bring it, but if you need something we can get just about anything for you except waders.
• A $100 per person tax deduction because it will be a contribution to the Federation of Fly Fishers Southern Council. All the above for only $350 per person, if you reserve your spot by Dec. 10th! After Dec. 10th the cost is $450. Why so inexpensive? The FFF Southern Council would like to be the type of organization that offers an affordable alternative to private fly schools that cost $350 - $500 per day! How can we do it? Our casting instructors and guides contribute their time at no cost. Come take advantage of a great program and a tremendous value.
Here's the fine print: Due the fact that guides & casting instructors are donating their time and lodging is being offered at discounted rates reserving your spot requires a
**nonrefundable deposit of $200 per attendee.
• If you give this as a Christmas present, and the recipient isn’t just thrilled over it, call or email before Dec. 31st and we will refund your deposit.
• If for some reason you can't make it, we will do everything we can to resell your spot. If we resell your spot, we will refund your money.
• We don’t want anyone to have to travel in hazardous conditions, if the Highway Patrol for a state you must travel through issues a ”hazardous driving conditions exist” warning, we will NOT hold you accountable for your reservation and we will refund your money. This may or may not be the case for a departure, but we want you safe and we will look at each case individually.
• Any cancellations made by Dec. 31st, 2012, will receive your deposit back.
• Cancellations made after Dec. 31st, 2012. If we can rebook your reservations we will refund your deposit, less a $50 cancellation fee. If we cannot rebook your reservations, you will forfeit your $200 deposit and we will return the balance. No shows will be responsible for the full amount. To make your reservation call your host, Chris Jackson, at 870 499-3056, or email me at email@example.com.
The cost of $350 per person is for double occupancy per bedroom in the White River Lodge. If you are coming alone we will find you a roommate. If you prefer to room alone or bring a guest with you who will not attend the school, the additional cost will be $250. Your guest’s lodging & meals are included for $250. The White River Lodge is 2,500 square feet and has 6 bedrooms; each bedroom has its own full private bath. There are 2 fully furnished kitchens, 2 dining areas, 2 comfortable sitting/TV areas. There is also a 8' x 60' front porch for outdoor seating. It can be viewed at: http://www.whiteriverresort.com/lodging-rates/white-river-lodge.
Additional upscale accommodations are available below:
The Woodcreek Cabin has one king bed and is appropriate for one or two guests. This would be the perfect cabin for a couple who wanted to take the school together and enjoy a cozy cabin with a gas log fireplace and 2 person hot tub on the back porch. This cabin will be held for 2 Fly School participants only. Woodcreek Cabin lodging and 2 places in the Fly Fishing School ~ $ 849. http://www.whiteriverresort.com/lodging-rates/woodcreek-cabin-at-riverside-retreat-on-the-white-river Reserve before Dec. 10th , get the Woodcreek Cabin and 2 spots in the Fly School for $749.
The Creekside Cabin is a 2 bedroom, one bath cabin (also has a queen sized futon in the living room area) with a gas log fireplace and 6 person hot tub on the back porch. It would be the perfect place for 2 couples or 3 guys traveling together. This cabin will be held for a group that has at least 2 members participating in the Fly School. Creekside Cabin lodging and 2 places in the Fly Fishing School ~ $990 (Includes meals for 4 guests.) http://www.whiteriverresort.com/lodging-rates/creekside-cabin Reserve before Dec. 10th , get the Creekside Cabin and 2 spots in the Fly School for $890.
The Luxury Riverfront House is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath residence that sleeps 7 - 8, and is located ½ mile away on the White River. The Riverfront house would be the perfect location for a couple of Fly School participants whose companions did not want to share in the meals included and wanted lodging away from those infected with the "fly fishing virus". The Riverfront House will be held for a group of one or more school participants and will be quoted based the number of participants. Example: Lodging for up to 8 in the Riverfront House and 2 participants in the Fly Fishing School ~ $1050.http://www.whiteriverresort.com/lodging-rates/luxury-white-river-front-house-at-riverside-retreat Date of the event is April 12th , 13th & 14th , 2013. This will be a rain or shine event! If anyone desires to add on additional days to their stay (before or after the school) it can be arranged. To make your reservation call Chris Jackson, Southern Council Managing Director at 870 499-3056 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Fly Fishing School Itinerary
Location: Riverside Retreat - 205 River Valley Trail – Norfork, AR 72658 – 870 499-3056 – Your hosts are Chris & Carol Jackson Directions & GPS coordinates can be found at http://www.whiteriverresort.com/general-info/directions. The final few miles of some GPS instructions differ from the actual directions, so we advise you to print out the directions. Seriously, about 1/3 of our customers end up in the wrong place!
Friday, April 12, 2013: 4:00 pm – 6:30 pm — As you arrive the casting instructors will spend some one-on-one time with you to look at your cast and get your input on improvements that you would like to make, followed with casting instruction. The guides will be helping with the learning of knots, terminal rigging and general questions.
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm — Dinner at Lodge –- Spaghetti & Salad
7:30 pm – 8:30 pm — Reading a river – Learning where the fish are going to be in any river.
8:30 pm – 8:45 pm — You’ve hooked a fish; Playing, Landing, Photos, & Release 8:45 pm – 9:00 pm — Wrap up
Saturday, April 13, 2013: 8:00 am - 9:00 am — Casual breakfast at the Lodge – Cereal, toast, oatmeal, muffins, bagels, coffee, tea, etc. Attendees will divide into 2 groups and will rotate between fishing technique classes and casting classes. 9:00 am – 12:15 pm — Fishing technique and casting instruction
12:15 pm - 1:15 pm — Lunch catered onsite
1:15 pm – 5:30 pm — On the water with your guides && casting instructors The focus of our time on the water will be to put into practice the fishing and/or casting techniques learned that morning.
6:30 pm — Steak cookout! Sit around the fire pit and have fun!
Sunday, April 14, 2013: 8:00 am - 9:00 am — Casual breakfast at the Lodge – Cereal, toast, muffins, bagels, oatmeal, coffee, tea, etc. Rotate attendees between fishing technique classes and casting classes.
9:00 am – 11:00 am — Fishing technique and Casting instruction
11:00 am – 12:15 pm — Lunch catered onsite
12:15 pm – 2:30 pm — - On the water with your guides & casting instructors The focus of our time on the water will be to put into practice the fishing and/or casting techniques learned that morning.
2:30 pm — Go home or go fishing on your own If anyone has a food allergy, please email me that information so we may prepare you the appropriate food. If anyone has any questions, feel free to call or email. 870 499-3056 email@example.com