We are excited to announce this year’s 2015 International Fly Fishing Fair Photo Contest . For the 50th Anniversary, category 7 will be for IFFF historical photos. Scan your photos for entry. Ribbons and prizes will be awarded to the winners in each category and winners have an opportunity for a “cover shot” in the Flyfisher magazine. Attendees of the Fly Fishing Fair will have an opportunity to vote on all photos submitted, so don’t forget to vote for your favorite in the People’s Choice Award.
CATEGORIES: ALL FISH MUST BE CAUGHT ON A FLY AND RELEASED UNHARMED.
1. Native Fish of North America:
- Any cold, freshwater fish caught on a fly in their native waters.
- Examples include: Alaska rainbows, Northwest steelhead, native cutthroat trout, Eastern brook trout, etc.
- Label the photo with the fish species and the water from which it was caught.
2. Naturals and Their Imitations:
- Close up photography of insects, baitfish and their imitations, as in flies.
3. Fly Anglers in Their Element:
- People of all ages enjoying fly fishing. That includes: casting, rowing, landing fish, etc.
- Mood shots and action shots are welcome.
4. International Fly Fishing Experiences – Freshwater:
- The great waters of Canada, Iceland, Chile, NZ, etc.
- Trout, Atlantic salmon, grayling, peacock bass, etc.
5. International Fly Fishing Experiences – Saltwater:
- Sailfish, tarpon, bonefish, etc. in Belize, the Bahamas, Christmas Island, etc.
- Limited to photographers age 16 and under. Photos can be of anything as long as the subject is fly fishing related.
7. Digital – IFFF History: (submit to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Only digital entries will be accepted. Scan your older IFFF related photos taken during the past 50 years and submit them. Submission requirements 1 -3 apply and please include 4 and 5 if know.
Photo prints are required. Photos taken in 2014 and 2015 only, will be judged. No smaller than 8x10 and no larger than 11x14. Film and digital photos can be used but altered photos are not allowed. Photos must be mounted or matted but not framed. Each entry must be permanently labeled on the back with the following:
- Name of Photographer
- Address and phone number
- Title of photo and location where shot
- Date when photo was taken
Contestants must include a self-addressed mailer with sufficient postage for the return of their photo(s). Contestants attending the show may drop off entries in person, and they may be picked up after the Fair if they are not winners. Those without mailers or sufficient postage will become the property of the IFFF. Utmost care is taken to return photos in condition received, but the IFFF is not responsible for damage or loss in shipment.
Note: because of magazine listing and publishing it may take to the end of November 2015 or later to return winning photos to you. If you submit more than one photo and have a winning photo(s), all will be returned together with the winning photo(s) unless you pick them up the Fair.
RIBBONS AND PRIZES
All winning photos will be kept by the IFFF after the Fair. Winners will be announced in the Fall/Winter issue of the Flyfisher magazine. All 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places will receive ribbons. The IFFF will submit the first place winning photos to the Flyfisher magazine to be published. Second and third place winning photos will be listed by name and category only. First place winners will also receive a prize.
(Depending on the number of submitted photos for a category, winning placement may only be 1st, or 1st and 2nd if there are not enough entries to judge for 1st-3rd places.)
FLYFISHER COVER SHOT
The Editor of Flyfisher magazine may select one of the winning photos to be used on the cover of the magazine. Remember, the photo must be taken in portrait/vertical format in order to be used.
TO SUBMIT YOUR PHOTO – Mail or deliver in person to staff at the Fly Fishing Fair. Email digital entries
- Mailed photos must be received to the IFFF office by Friday, July 24, 2015.
- Hand delivered entries must be received at the Fair registration desk by 10:00 am Tuesday, August 11, 2015.
- Email digital entries and be sure to include the submission requirements: email@example.com by Friday, July 24, 2015 or deliver on disc or drive by 10:00 am Tuesday, August 11, 2015.
IFFF Photo Contest
International Federation of Fly Fishers
5237 US Hwy 89 So., Ste. #11
Livingston, MT 59047-9176